image courtesy of anonymous
This is our most comprehensive editing service, which combines the strengths of both the critique and proofread services, as well as offering significant extra advice for the author. A complete edit includes a careful reading of your manuscript, which will have spelling and grammatical errors corrected, and be returned to you with a report on the strong aspects of the manuscript and the weaknesses (both plot and prose). A dedicated member of the literary services team will then work closely with you, offering support and suggestions as you re-write your manuscript.
A complete edit includes:
- A close reading of your manuscript.
- A detailed report outlining the strengths and weaknesses of your plot, characters, and pacing.
- An evaluation of your writing style, which highlights issues or recurring errors.
- Suggestions on how any significant issues identified might be resolved.
- The correction of errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, or syntax.
- The correction of errors in sentence structure or language use.
- The correction of factual errors where the information would reasonably be considered common knowledge.
- The highlighting of duplicate words where they appear close together.
- The return of your manuscript with annotated corrections, indicating what has been changed, with an explanation where necessary.
- Suggestions for improvements and the opportunity to discuss ideas, via e-mail or phone, with the editor.
A complete edit will not include:
- Any checking as to the legality of references within the manuscript.
Prices are based on the service level described above. If you’d like us to offer a tailored service we would be pleased to discuss your needs and produce an individual quote.
- £7.00 per 1,000 words.
Get in Touch
If you would like to find out more about our major rewrite service, or to submit your manuscript for evaluation, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the ‘get in touch’ button below.