image courtesy of joelmontes
With so much competition amongst self-published authors, a professional standard edit will make your book stand out from the crowd, and allow readers to enjoy your prose without interruption. A proofread involves a close read of your manuscript, which will be annotated to highlight grammatical and spelling errors, accompanied by explanatory notes and suggestions.
A proofread will include:
- The correction of errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax.
- The correction of errors in sentence structure and language usage.
- The correction of factual errors where the information would reasonably be considered common knowledge.
- The highlighting of duplicate words where they appear close together.
- The return of your manuscript with annotated corrections, indicating what has been changed, with an explanation where necessary.
A proofread will not include:
- A critique of your writing style or plot.
- Any checking as to the legality of references within the manuscript.
Prices are based on the service level described above. If you’d like us to offer a tailored service we would be pleased to discuss your needs and produce an individual quote.
- £4.50 per 1,000 words
I have been very impressed by the quality of the work, the speed and personal service they deliver and the competitive charges they offer. Thank you Electric Reads for the outstanding professional job you have performed with my manuscript. Philip Harrison, author of There’s More to Life
I struck gold when I discovered Matthew and his young company Electric Reads. From start to finish the whole experience has been utterly stress free. I was given a very fair quote, a schedule of works and free access to my assigned editor (a delight) … Emails were answered promptly and throughout Matthew maintained a keen interest in the book’s development … Writing is a lonely occupation, finding Electric Reads was like being rescued from a desert island. Lance Warrington, author of Two Times Two
Get in Touch
If you would like to find out more about our editing service, or to submit your manuscript for evaluation, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the ‘get in touch’ button below.