What you can expect from us:
- We will complete your work to the deadline that we’ve agreed with you, provided necessary documentation and payment is provided by dates agreed
- We will follow any special instructions agreed upon prior to starting the work
- Work will be carried out to the definitions listed on www.electricreads.com
- We will treat you and your work with professionalism, courtesy, honesty and integrity at all times
- We will meet all of our commitments to you
- All of our editing and proofreading will be corrected to UK / British English spelling and grammar rules as standard; if you would like us to use US / American English instead, we’re happy to do so, please let us know
What we need from you:
- A final copy of the manuscript on which you would like us to work. Any amendments required will be charged at a flat rate of £10.00 for individual changes. Extensive changes may result in the services being billed for in full again.
- If there are any special requirements, you must let us know before we start work so we are able to accommodate these. If requests are made after work has commenced, we cannot guarantee to accommodate these at the originally quoted price.
- Please only submit completed work that you don’t expect to make any further changes to; if you make further changes and need us to edit them, we may need to make an additional charge
- All our staff will treat you and your work with respect, and the same is expected in return. Abuse, harassment, or any other impolite or inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
Please note, the prices listed on the website should be used as guides only. Each piece of work will be priced individually. The price will be agreed with you before work commences. Once work has commenced, the price can only be altered with the consent of both parties, or if it is deemed so necessary based on terms in this document.
Any quotations are valid for 28 days. After this period, the become invalid, and a new quote must be sought.
Once you have agreed that the work be carried out by Electric Reads, you enter into a contract with Electric Reads, and agree that you will make payment by the specified deadlines. Once you have contracted Electric Reads to conduct the work, you are liable for the full payment, regardless of whether you ask for work to be cancelled or not.
Failure to make payment by the deadlines specified in the invoice, may lead to penalty charges. Where payment is up to 10 days late, an additional charge of 10% will be made. Where the payment is up to 30 days late, an additional charge of 25% will be made. For payment which is over 30 days late, Electric Reads reserve the right to seek legal sanctions to ensure the payment of monies owed.
Availability of Services
All our services and turnaround times are dependent on the availability of staff to complete the work. We will only ever take work on that we can reasonably expect to complete in the timeframe agreed upon. Where this is delayed we will make all reasonable effort to negotiate with you, to ensure the work is completed by a date you find acceptable. If an agreement cannot be agreed, we will establish a deadline to work to.
Deadlines agreed upon at the outset of the work pertain to the original piece of work. Revisions and amendments are not covered by this deadline.
If you wish to request a specific member of our team to work with you, we will do our best to accommodate this request. Where this is not possible, we will inform you and provide an alternative member of staff to work on your project. If this is not an acceptable solution, you may cancel the contract between us pertaining to the piece of work to be carried out by the specific member of the team. Please note, this does not affect other services you have contracted us to complete.
Aftercare and Advice
We strive to ensure that any revision you request are responded to, and that we will continue, within reason, to make changes until you are happy with the final work. Once you have confirmed that the work is completed to your satisfaction, any further changes – regardless of the reason for the change – will be treated as amendments and are subject to the charges above. Services with specific definitions are listed below:
Our aftercare service means that we will re-edit parts of your work that you have directly changed as a result of our editing and comments and we will need you to highlight changes you have made before you return the work to us; aftercare is based on us re-editing a reasonable amount of work and is at our discretion. If there are likely to be any issues with this, we will contact you and explain them
Comments and suggestions that we make in work edited by us are intended to provide advice and guidance to you. These comments are made on a ‘best endeavours’ basis based on our experience as editors. We strongly recommend that any comments that may have a legal, medical, financial or other implication and any changes you make as a result are checked with a professional with expertise in those fields
We will produce up to three basic mock-ups for you to choose from. Once you have selected one, we will work with you on the design to tailor it to your needs. Once one of the mock-ups has been selected for progression, any reversion to a different idea may be liable to additional charges.
A typeset will aim to match the original text as closely as possible, but please be aware typesetting does not include any level of proofing and the accuracy of the text is the responsibility of the post-typeset proofreader. Files will be passed back to the author or proofreader for these checks. Any revisions requested by the proofreader will be implemented by the typesetter.
Level of Service
Although we do provide extensive editorial services, we make no claims to be able to do the following:
- statements, information, instructions, facts, claims, conclusions and research: we don’t check the validity or veracity of information, instructions, statements, facts or conclusions reached in your work, your research, methodology, approach or claims
- copyright and other legal issues: while we can sometimes offer advice on when you might want to seek advice on copyright or other legalities, we aren’t experts and strongly recommend any copyright or other questions be directed to a professional legal service or your publisher
- references: while we will check the format and consistency of your references, we won’t read through referenced articles and documents to check their validity in supporting your work
- theses and dissertations: we will not write or provide research to support writing theses and dissertations; we won’t paraphrase other articles for use in theses and dissertations; we cannot guarantee any particular mark or score as a result of using our services
- although our editing will enhance your work, naturally we can’t make any specific guarantee of your acceptance for publication, marks received or other desired outcome
- please note that this is not an exhaustive list – if you want to check if something is covered in our services (that isn’t specifically stated elsewhere on the site), please contact us
Copyright and Ownership of Documents
The client retains ownership, control and copyright over all documents submitted to Electric Reads.
Confidentiality and Data Management
We will keep your details and the details of your work confidential and will not share them outside Electric Reads, in particular:
- we will not discuss the content of your work with anyone outside our business
- we will keep all details of the work we do for you confidential
- we are happy to sign any additional confidentiality agreements that you would like us to
Accuracy of Client Information
You are responsible for providing accurate personal information (name, address, phone number, email address) and payment details. Failure to provide accurate information could result in a refusal to provide service. You assume all responsibility for any problems, errors and issues, as well as legal liability, resulting from providing false information.
Disclaimer of Responsibility and Limitations of Liability
Documents edited by us may include opinions or views that, unless expressly stated otherwise, are not those of this company or any person for whom we have accountability. We accept no responsibility for, and exclude all liability in connection with, the use of information derived from documents edited by us, including but not limited to any misleading or defamatory statements.
While we state that all work will be completed to a very high standard, we are unable to guarantee that a client’s work will be completely error-free following the use of our services. Electric Reads attempts to be as accurate as possible when carrying out our services, however, we neither imply nor state that any piece of work will be 100% correct when it is returned.
Electric Reads cannot accept liability for damages of any kind, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data in any way related to the services we provide or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors or omissions, interruptions, or any other inaccuracies appearing in this website or in documents or other work that we have edited (including without limitation as a result of breach of any term of this agreement).
In the event of you identifying a mistake following the use of our services, we will of course work with you to correct any mistakes quickly.
For academic work, although we are happy to look at marking guidelines and objectives when editing, you should still check the validity and factual veracity of your work with your tutor.
Electric Reads is not liable or responsible for any damage to computer hardware or software arising from the distribution of a computer virus.
Content of Submitted or Created Materials
It is an offence to commit plagiarism or infringe copyright and Electric Reads assumes no responsibility or liability for the infringement of third party copyright in the documents submitted by the client. Electric Reads reserves the right to refuse to proofread and edit any documents that contain or make reference to activities that may be considered illegal, dangerous, unethical or immoral.
Service Quality and Standards
Electric Reads cannot be held responsible for delays that result from unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, however if we are likely to be prevented from meeting a deadline we have set with you, we will contact you as soon as possible to explain any delays and when we can reasonably expect to return the work to you.
Refusal of Services
Electric Reads reserves the right to refuse service to any client or prospective client for any reason and without explanation.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be modified, amended, reorganised, rewritten or revoked at any time, for any reason and without notice. This will not affect works accepted under previous terms and conditions.